We have been working on a new Android version of our popular MileCharter product. As a mobile version, this is intended to be used in the field. For example, you can use it to find the closest customers (or other destinations) to your current location, or to find the optimum route through multiple destinations.
This initial version is being released for usability testing. Please contact us if you are interested. This version has the following functionality:
- Ability to enter destinations by typing street addresses in, or by pointing on a map
- Ability to save destinations for the future, or keep on the current (i.e. today’s) list
- Ability to call or text a destination before visiting it
- Ability to dismiss a destination after you have visited it
- Two modes
- Find the closest destinations, and sort with the shortest travel time first
- Find the optimum route that visits all destinations
- Start navigating towards a location / start multi-point navigation
- Support for miles and kilometers
The following features will be implemented before the full production release:
- Ability to import data from vCards and other sources. (Which data sources would you like to see?)
- Support for optimistic and pessimistic traffic options. Also pedestrian and cycle routing
- “Getting started” hints at start-up
- Advertising and subscription options
This test release does not have any fees or advertising. The final version will have different license levels, running from a limited ‘free’ license with advertising, through to multiple paid subscription levels. These fees are required to pay for the underlying services.
We are also publishing information on the MileCharter Mobile website, as it becomes available.