v2 of MPCluster for Maptitude, our cluster analysis add-in for Caliper Maptitude, has just been released.
v2 adds two license levels: Basic and Professional. Both licenses include the following updates:
- Hierarchical boundary polygons can now be concave – inline with the potentially concave nature of these clusters.
- Input data layers are limited to only those on the current map
- K-Means “Reallocate empty clusters” is now permanently enabled – as has been recommended since the MapPoint version.
The Professional license adds the following functionality:
- Ability to add pre-defined ‘fixed’ cluster positions to the K-Means Algorithm. For example, when finding the best location for new depots, you can tell MPCluster to take into account the existing depot locations.
- Ability to calculate overlay data fields. These are summed or counted for each cluster, and can be calculated from a separate layer. For example, you could count the number of customers and sum the total sales within each cluster.
Basic licenses cost US$100, and Professional licenses cost US$140. Existing users of v1.* can upgrade to v2 Basic for free or purchase an upgrade license.
Further information including a 14 day trial, can be found on the official MPCluster website.